Why throw your money away?
Learn more about the advantages of buying a new home.
Real Estate is Still the best investment!
In this ever-changing housing market, the decision to rent or buy is at the top of most people’s mind. When it comes to deciding what is most important to you, keep these points in mind:
- Financial Consideration and Investment
- Homeowners can write off a portion of their mortgage payment as tax deduction.
- Homeowners build equity wealth over time. In the last decade prices in CA increased on average 8% (All-Transactions House Price Index for California. (CASTHPI) | FRED | St. Louis Fed (stlouisfed.org)
- Homeowners’ mortgage payments in a fixed-rate mortgage remain the same during the life of the loan while rent most likely increase.
- Customization and Freedom
- Homeowners enjoy a sense of stability without being subjected to the landlord’s will.
- Renters, in most cases, are very limited in terms of changes stated in the lease such as ability to customize the home or to bring in a pet.
- When owning a home owners have the freedom to do whatever they desire in terms of customization
In 2019, homeowners in the U.S. had a median net worth of $255,000, while renters had a net worth of just $6,300.* That’s 40x the difference! Your monthly rent payments are gone forever, but monthly mortgage payments build equity in your future*.
Should you rent or buy? Here’s a calculator to help you make the right decision.